Cauliflower parmesan soup! Yum! It’s amusing; I never ever considered myself much of a veggie individual prior to beginning the keto diet plan. However cauliflower? That’s been on my radar given that I was a kid.
Cauliflower constantly seemed like an unique event reward. Not always due to the fact that of the taste, however due to the fact that of the celebration plates! Any household party or birthday celebration made certain to include the timeless celebration plate trifecta: celery, broccoli, and cauliflower. I would associate olive fingers and destroy the cauliflower tray. Ah, the basic life. There’s simply something about the vegetable that makes me feel sentimental.
Although I liked cauliflower, my usage was restricted to celebration trays with dip. Envision my surprise when I found the ingenious methods to include cauliflower into your low carbohydrate diet plan Cauliflower has actually given that ended up being a staple in my diet plan, and I have actually ended up being especially keen on making cauliflower soups.
How to make soup velvety without cream?
This velvety cauliflower parmesan soup is silky and abundant. It’s incredible how velvety the soup ends up thinking about there is no cream whatsoever. The technique to a velvety cauliflower soup without cream is including butter, or ghee if you’re dairy-free, and utilizing a mixer to puree. You can utilize either a stand mixer or immersion mixer, what is most practical for you. Voila! Velvety without the cream and included calories!
Booking little cauliflower florets and preparing them in herbed brown butter include an extra layer of texture and taste (a pointer I got from America’s Test Kitchen area– I simply like that program!). Healthy and decadent! Whaaat ?!
The Cauliflower Parmesan Soup Dish
You will require cauliflower, Parmesan, butter, leek, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper. I delight in utilizing bone broth or stock to simmer the cauliflower, however you can quickly utilize water or veggie stock for the fluid if you are vegetarian with similarly scrumptious outcomes. The leek and onion are sautéed in butter and salt, cauliflower is included with the broth/water and simmered till tender. On the other hand, your florets are cooking in melted butter and thyme. Simply mix the cauliflower mix with parmesan, then garnish with golden florets and browned butter sprinkled over the top.
It’s simple, looks elegant and tastes a lot more advanced than anything you’ll discover on a veggie celebration plate! Attempt the cauliflower parmesan soup when you remain in the state of mind for something warm and hearty.
If you’re searching for more dishes utilizing this velvety cauliflower base, take a look at my dairy-free keto clam chowder!
A decadent, velvety cauliflower soup with no cream at all!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion sliced up
- 1/2 leek sliced up
- 1 head cauliflower sliced
- 2 cups veggie broth (1 bouillon cube per 2 cups)
- 2-3 cups water depending upon the consistency
- 2 tablespoons thyme sliced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese fresh
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in big pot.
- Include salt, onion, and leek. Prepare till onion ends up being soft and clear.
- Include half of the cauliflower, 4 tablespoons butter, 2 cups broth and 2 cups water to pot Give simmer for 10-15 minutes, till cauliflower hurts and breaking down.
- Include 3/4 of staying cauliflower to the pot and continue to simmer.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with thyme and staying cauliflower florets. Stir as the butter starts to bubble and brown.
Once the cauliflower in the pot hurts, eliminate from heat and location in the mixer. Include parmesan cheese.
- Bewaring to cover mixer vent with a towel, mix simmered cauliflower mix till smooth. Include extra water to change the consistency of soup if required. Mix some more.
- Transfer mixed soup to a bowl.
- Garnish with golden florets and sprinkled brown butter.
For a dairy-free variation, leave out Parmesan and change butter with ghee.
5g net carbohydrates per serving.
Quantity Per Serving
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Worth *
Overall Fat 20 g 31%
Hydrogenated Fat 12 g 60%
Cholesterol 51 mg 17%
Salt 785 mg 33%
Potassium 342 mg 10%
Overall Carbs 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 166%
Vitamin C 624%
* Percent Daily Worths are based upon a 2000 calorie diet plan.