Keto Fried Oysters, the best addition to my current seafood kick! If you had a possibility to read my keto clam chowder dish, you may currently understand where these oysters originated from. Tailored with pails and our reliable shellfish licenses, we went out to the Hood Canal to leave the city and capture our supper. Aside from being among my preferred put on the world, the beaches along Hood Canal are Oyster Paradise. They’re all over! I was very delighted that we collected sufficient to establish a keto fried oysters dish and nail the tastes.
Oysters on the Keto Diet Plan
If you resemble, “Hold up! Can you even consume oysters on keto?!” Feel confident, you can absolutely consume oysters on the keto diet plan. “However, Tasha. Aren’t there carbohydrates in oysters?” Sure, there are carbohydrates in oysters: in 100 grams of raw oysters, there are 4.95 grams of carbs. To put that into viewpoint, when the oysters were shucked, each oyster just weighed about 8 grams usually (yes, I truthfully weighed them all).
Quick mathematics to relieve your concerns: 100 grams of oysters/ 8 grams per oyster = 12.5 oysters. Whoa! That’s a great deal of oysters! To include much more context, at the marketplace you’ll generally just purchase a lots oysters at a time. More guarantee? At the time of composing this, the everyday limitation for leisure oyster harvest is 18 oysters each day. You can’t even lawfully review your carbohydrate limitation by consuming these. So deal with yo’ self!
Now, I’m uncertain what the guidelines appear like beyond Washington, however we need to shuck wild oysters on the beach due to the fact that #conservation. So any extravagant concepts I had about perfectly providing oysters on the half shell were rapidly removed. I understood I was going to fry up a great part of our harvest, however initially I really needed to get the shell opened. Oyster shucking is … not something I have actually mastered. Thankfully, I have my own individual oyster shucker that does not mind getting his hands filthy!
Seriously, however, if you have a little tool to assist pry the shell open, you’ll conserve yourself a fair bit of time and disappointment. The very first time I attempted to shuck an oyster I was utilizing a butter knife. Lesson discovered! We got a number of oyster knives for under $10, and it made a world of distinction. Absolutely, something to think about. You’re going to have a helluva time making this low carbohydrate oyster dish if you can’t even enter into the shell!
Keto Fried Oysters Dish
As soon as you have actually got your oysters shucked, you have actually finished the hardest part of the dish! If you are landlocked and do not have access to fresh oysters, you can in some cases discover them in transparent tubs in the seafood area of your supermarket, and canned oysters make a good option too. For this keto oyster dish, either choice would work!
For the oyster breading, you’ll utilize an egg wash, one part super-fine almond flour, and one part carefully grated Parmesan cheese. It’s a 1:1 ratio of flour to cheese, so adapt to make basically depending upon the number of oysters you’re frying. You’ll wish to utilize 2 bowls: one to blend the almond flour and Parmesan, the other to beat an egg.
Prior to finishing the oysters, make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel. Start with the almond flour/Parmesan mix, thoroughly covering each side of the oyster. Transfer the oyster to the beaten egg, then back to the almond flour/Parmesan mix. As soon as all of your oysters are covered, fry them in your frying oil of option till the breading turns a golden brown color. If you wish to conserve yourself some calories, you can bake them on parchment paper till they turn golden rather. In any case, enjoy your breaded keto oysters!
If you aren’t a fan of oysters however have an interest in other breaded and fried keto goodness, take a look at my keto fried chicken dish. So excellent!
Keto Fried Oysters Dish– [Low Carb, Gluten Free]
Enjoy fried oysters on the keto diet plan with this low carbohydrate breading!
- 3.5 oz oysters shucked (approx. 12 oysters)
- 1/4 cup almond flour super-fine
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese carefully grated
- 1 egg big
- Cooking oil of your option for frying
- Salt to taste
- Shuck the oysters. Location oysters on a paper towel and pat dry prior to continuing.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend together almond flour and Parmesan cheese.
- In a different, medium-sized bowl, beat the egg.
- One at a time, gently coat an oyster in the almond flour-Parmesan mix. Transfer the oyster to the beaten egg, then right back to the flour-cheese mix. Reserve till the staying oysters have actually been covered.
- Heat your cooking oil in a big pot ideal for frying over medium-high heat. As soon as bubbles appear, carefully position your breaded oysters into the cooking oil.
- Fry each side of the oyster till the breading ends up being a golden color. Keep in mind: If the oil is not deep enough for the oysters to drift, make sure in turning the oysters to avoid the cheese in the breading from staying with the bottom of your pan.
- Transfer the oysters to dry paper towels to wick off the excess frying oil.
Keto Fried Oysters Dish– [Low Carb, Gluten Free]
Quantity Per Serving
Calories 27 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Worth *
Overall Fat 2g 3%
Cholesterol 15 mg 5%
Salt 39 mg 2%
Potassium 5mg 0%
Protein 1g 2%
Vitamin A 0.7%
* Percent Daily Worths are based upon a 2000 calorie diet plan.