This keto frittata dish is a significant throwback. You see, I found out to prepare on Sundays. My household’s dining establishment closed every Sunday, and we would all flock there for breakfast after church.
When a week, the buzz of client chatter and clinking utensils was changed by kids’s screeches and laughs as my brother or sisters and cousins played hide-and-seek in the nooks and crannies of the empty dining-room. Much older than the remainder of the lot, I understood all the very best hiding locations and might rapidly look for the hiders.
Lacking a difficulty, the video game lost its appeal, and I gravitated towards the cooking area rather. Grandfather coached me through all the egg meals and strategies: fried, rushed, poached, omelets, hard-boiled, soft-boiled– you call it.
The children would constantly stick their tongue out at the quiches and frittatas we ‘d work up, choosing rushed eggs or French toast rather. However those baked egg meals struck a note with me, which Grandfather guaranteed was the supreme indication of maturity and fine-tuned taste buds. This keto frittata dish with ricotta and bacon advises me of our household restaurant and Sunday cooking with Grandfather. Such excellent memories; fond memories is embeding in!
Keto Frittata Meal Preparation
There’s simply something so soothing in food from your youth. To this day, the frittata is among my preferred breakfast fares. The velvety, custardy texture is incredible, and the taste mixes are limitless.
It’s a fantastic meal to produce amusing a big group of good friends or household however can quickly cover a stretch of breakfasts for the week if you’re just cooking for a couple of. Keto frittata is really a meal prepper’s dream become a reality! I frequently discover myself utilizing random components in the refrigerator to try out brand-new tastes and utilize leftovers.
The Keto Frittata Dish
Whatever components you choose to utilize for your keto frittata, make certain they are low in carbohydrates and make sure to prepare them prior to including the egg mix.
The keto frittata I have actually prepared here includes bacon, caramelized onion, red chard, ricotta cheese, and a teensy little bit of Parmesan. After frying the bacon, prepare the onion and red chard in the bacon fat and season with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.
If you do not have red chard readily available, spinach would be an exceptional alternative. Beat your eggs with whipping cream and season with salt and pepper– do not wait to season after they bake or just the top of the eggs will taste the method you like it!
If you’re searching for other keto veggies to consist of, make certain to take a look at my guide to low carbohydrate veggies.
Carefully fold in the ricotta and Parmesan with beaten eggs up until the mix appears a bit bumpy. Stop blending prior to the egg mix is totally smooth! If you leave swellings of ricotta, you’ll find lovely gooey compartments of cheese as you consume (you’re welcome). Put that tacky egg mix over the veggies and meat, and after that bake in cast iron for the very best outcomes.
Now that this low carbohydrate keto frittata with ricotta has me feeling extremely sentimental, I’m passing away to understand what your preferred youth meals are! Let me understand in the remarks listed below!
If a bacon keto frittata does not seem like your thing, attempt this sausage frittata dish rather! If dairy is a concern, this dairy-free frittata looks appealing!
Keto Frittata Dish with Bacon & Ricotta
Get your meal preparation on point with this ricotta frittata!
- 6 pieces bacon raw
- 1/2 onion medium, very finely sliced
- 1 lot red chard coarsely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to350 Fahrenheit.
- Fry up bacon in a well experienced10- inch cast-iron pan over low-medium heat up until it is completely prepared, however not rather crispy, about 8-10 minutes. When the bacon is prepared, move out of the pan and slice into 1cm portions. Reserve the pan for baking the frittata.
- Utilizing the fat rendered from the bacon, grease a big saute pan and prepare the onion over medium heat up until it ends up being clear.
- Include red chard to the pan. Toss and stir to coat the leaves in bacon fat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season the onion and red chard with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes. Stir in bacon and transfer to the cast-iron pan.
- Beat eggs and whipping cream together in a medium blending bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the ricotta and Parmesan cheese into the beaten eggs. Gradually blend up until the mix appears bumpy and stop prior to the cheese is totally mixed in.
- Pour the egg mix over the bacon and veggies in the cast-iron pan. Stir to uniformly disperse the components throughout the eggs.
- Bake for20 minutes. For the last 1-2 minutes, turn on the broiler of the oven to establish a light golden color on top.
- Get rid of from heat and let cool for a minimum of 10 minutes prior to serving.
Keto Frittata Dish with Bacon & & Ricotta
Quantity Per Serving
Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Worth *
Overall Fat 8g 12%
Hydrogenated Fat 3g 15%
Cholesterol 155 mg 52%
Salt 171 mg 7%
Potassium 223 mg 6%
Overall Carbs 3g 1%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 526%
Vitamin C 143%
* Percent Daily Worths are based upon a 2000 calorie diet plan.