While waffles may have been created in Europe, it wasn’t until these griddled cakes reached the shores of Harlem that it was discovered they could be wedded in matrimony to golden fried chicken. At Sweet Chick, restaurateur John Seymour, has mastered the art of pairing fried chicken with fluffy golden waffles.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- Serving Size4
- Energy683 cal
For the sweet chicken waffle
- 10 ounces flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 5 ounces melted butter
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
First combine flour, salt, and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
Add egg yolks, milk, and melted butter and whisk until combined (small lumps are OK).
In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to soft peak, and add sugar. Continue to whip to stiff peak.
Gently fold the egg whites in the waffle batter.
Pre-heat waffle iron and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour individual servings of batter of onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
- Serving Size4
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat37 g78 g47.44%
- Trans Fat1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat2 g
- Cholesterol235 mg300 mg78.33%
- Sodium658 mg2300 mg28.61%
- Total Carbohydrate71 g275 g25.82%
- Dietary Fiber2 g28 g7.14%
- Total Sugars15 g
- Added Sugars9 g50 g18%
- Protein16 g50 g32%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)4 IU800 IU0.5%
- Calcium557 mg1300 mg42.85%
- Iron2 mg18 mg11.11%
- Vitamin A350 mcg900 mcg38.89%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)1 IU33 IU3.03%
- Vitamin K3 mcg120 mcg2.5%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin).02 mg1.2 mg1.67%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin).04 mg1.3 mg3.08%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)1 mg16 mg6.25%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine).1 mg1.7 mg5.88%
- Folate46 mcg400 mcg11.5%
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine).09 mcg2.4 mcg3.75%
- Phosphorus757 mg1250 mg60.56%
- Magnesium34 mg420 mg8.1%
- Zinc1 mg11 mg9.09%